Friday, May 9, 2008

How can a song make it feel like fall?



One of the bands that defined my high school music experience was that wonderful band from Reading called The Sundays. So, I'm working on the computer and trying to figure out what I want to listen to (insert kid in candy store who can never recall what they sell) and I stumble from MC Frontalot to Mike Doughty (of that also wonderful band Soul Coughing) and fall upon the Sundays.

All of a sudden there are chills running down my spine and the goosepimples are marching up my extremities. I am 16 again and it feels like Fall. A beautiful melancholy overwhelms me and I sit there with a wistful smile on my face...

Just wanted to save the moment.

2 comments:

sappho said...

Save the moment...Funny how that happens. A song, smell, word can have great effects. The bad ones I shake my head to rid of them and the good ones I get that half grin of peace on my face. Thanx Darrel.

CollierDEdward said...

Yeah the mind is a funny (twisted, gooey, messy, hard thing to pick up off the floor) I once recalled the smell of vanilla pudding from 4th grade and was instantly transported back there in my mind.

Twitter Updates